Pacific Energy Alderlea T6 Baffle shape - is mine warped??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwscarab

Dec 5, 2007
SE Indiana
Hi all - long time no type! I was just cleaning out my flu and PE T6 stove. Noticed 2 things about my SS baffle - wanted to compare notes. I took it out to clean and replace the little gasket in the back.

1) I was inspecting it and the sides of the ballle seem to not go all the way down and touch the bottom. Like there is a gap or slot on the bottom of each side - front to back. Normal??

and most interesting

2) The top of the baffle towards the front actually is arched down - making it look kinda smashed like it was pressed down in the middle towards the front. Maybe thats normal to reduce area as the air escapes. Normal??

Anybody who could look at theirs - it would be appreciated!!

Also my little plate in the front of the stove that sits against the pins and air intake seems to warp a lot. Saw other T6 owner complain about theirs doing that too.

Besides that - all is good!!! I am ready to light it up. Still need to install oak kit in a few weeks first!! \

Thanks all!!!! joe

It doesn't sound right, but pictures would help better determine this.

jwscarab said:
Hi all - long time no type! I was just cleaning out my flu and PE T6 stove. Noticed 2 things about my SS baffle - wanted to compare notes. I took it out to clean and replace the little gasket in the back.

1) I was inspecting it and the sides of the ballle seem to not go all the way down and touch the bottom. Like there is a gap or slot on the bottom of each side - front to back. Normal??

and most interesting

2) The top of the baffle towards the front actually is arched down - making it look kinda smashed like it was pressed down in the middle towards the front. Maybe thats normal to reduce area as the air escapes. Normal??

Anybody who could look at theirs - it would be appreciated!!

Also my little plate in the front of the stove that sits against the pins and air intake seems to warp a lot. Saw other T6 owner complain about theirs doing that too.

Besides that - all is good!!! I am ready to light it up. Still need to install oak kit in a few weeks first!!

Thanks all!!!! joe

what do you use for fuel?

from every one i have ever seen, including my summit, the baflle does bow or cave in the middle.. its normal, and it expands and contracts alot... that being said, unless its coming down restricting the fuel area and falling off its rails due to an excessive curve thru all three layers of stainless: it is normal. that wide of a stretch of stainless is bound to bow a little, but is still way more durable and reliable than most other baffles out there... if it blows out? get out your warranty... its lifetime on that part, and the rails that hold it in place...

Regarding the "boost manifold" warping, they replaced mine under warranty, PE cust. service said that they did change the width (increased) and ran into the expansion a resulting in warping when it would butt up against the stove wall:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/30126/

Stainless Steel baffle was slightly distorted when I changed out the baffle gasket:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/26827/
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/26704/

If I understand you your worried about space that is filled with the side insulation blanket. You did have a large piece of white material on each side of the baffle? You should see a piece of an insulation blanket on each side of the baffle when looking at it from the front. This insulation is not connected to the baffle it just fills the space behind the side rails and next to the baffle sides.

Its fine. Thats is the plate on top, not actually part of the actual baffle/ It is merely a s.s. shield over top of the blanket on top.

Thanks guys!! Its always nice to run concerns by you guys - so thanks for letting me know all is ok!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.