Pacific Energy Artisan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amkazen

Dec 29, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Hi,

Attached are 2 pictures of our approx. 5 1/2 yr old Pacific Energy Artisan. The glass has never been cleaned, that I can remember. In this picture the pipe temperature about 2 1/2 feet above the stove is approx. 475 degrees. There is a nice secondary burn in the stove. I have always had that but never called it that...there was just always fire in the stove and heat in the room and I was a happy camper!

We have never gotten around to building a hearth for the stove. We plan on building a hearth using cultured stone but cannot settle on a nise design for the hearth and a possible mantle. Anyone have any ideas?

The stove is sitting on porcelain tile that was thinset on top of 2" of gypcrete that cover the radiant floor piping. We are a few inches past the minimum dimensions away from the Adirondack 6" classic "D" double tonuge & groove cedar logs we had trucked in from our log home dealer in Plattsburgh, NY. We have never had any issues with the walls or floor getting hot.

Well, I thought others might like to see a small stove in action.

Attachments

• PE Artisan 1.JPG
    PE Artisan 1.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 747
  • PE Artisan 2.JPG
    PE Artisan 2.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 665
Looks ALOT like the Avalon Mission Series stoves. I really like the mission styling. The door detail on this one is very nice and it looks like it fits right in to your home. I like the tile.

Nice little stove. What's the grate underneath for, an ashpan?

Status
Not open for further replies.