Pacific Energy baffle gasket, told to get from dealer $2 each?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2007
As most of us know the gaskets on the PE Summit go out. Well my stove was purchased last year and my gasket was missing by february....we burned 24/7. I called PE and they told me just to get from dealer. I was thinking it was under warrenty. Dealer told me $2 each...is that right?

Not that $2 is alot of money just wondering?

Thanks!

Now if I can just remember where I put those dang things last time....

I'm still going to try one make out of small rope gasket.

BeGreen said:
Now if I can just remember where I put those dang things last time....

If I could remember exactly where I last put everything I've ever bought, I just might never have to go back to the hardware store again. This next time, I'll buy 5 of whatever it is, just to make sure I have a ready supply. %-P Rick

CK-1 said:
I will be replacing mine in a couple of weeks. How to replace it isn't in the manual. Exactly, whats involved in placing this gasket anyway?. Does the top pieces of the stove need to be removed?.

Just follow the directions for baffle removal in the manual. Pull the pin in back out, Tilt one side of baffle up & slide over a lil, tilt opposite side down past the ledge slide over that way, let other side drop past its resting ledge, pull out of insert.
Lay the new gasket around the rear raised air chamber channel lip at the back, put baffle back in, it rests on top the the gasket, make sure the side insulation is in place , put pin back in, done.

Hogwildz said:
CK-1 said:
I will be replacing mine in a couple of weeks. How to replace it isn't in the manual. Exactly, whats involved in placing this gasket anyway?. Does the top pieces of the stove need to be removed?.

Just follow the directions for baffle removal in the manual. Pull the pin in back out, Tilt one side of baffle up & slide over a lil, tilt opposite side down past the ledge slide over that way, let other side drop past its resting ledge, pull out of insert.
Lay the new gasket around the rear raised air chamber channel lip at the back, put baffle back in, it rests on top the the gasket, make sure the side insulation is in place , put pin back in, done.

Seems simple enough... Thanks

Can anyone tell me where I can buy/order gaskets for $2? My local dealer got me $10 for one. I'm thinking if I could figure out what the gasket is made out of, I could buy a sheet of the stuff and keep myself in gaskets for several years. At $2 though, I would stock up on a few. Thanks

tozwp said:
Can anyone tell me where I can buy/order gaskets for $2? My local dealer got me $10 for one. I'm thinking if I could figure out what the gasket is made out of, I could buy a sheet of the stuff and keep myself in gaskets for several years. At $2 though, I would stock up on a few. Thanks

Call Tom at www.chimneysweeponline.com Tell him you want a 3 pack, should be around $10.00 for the 3 plus postage.

Status
Not open for further replies.