Pacific Energy blower lubrication

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raybonz

Minister of Fire
Feb 5, 2008
Carver, MA.
Hi Everyone!
Took apart my blower from the T-5 today to clean it and couldn't see any way of lubricating it and am wondering if anyone else has done this? I couldn't tell if the motor has sintered bronze sleeve bearings or sealed ball bearings as the motor has a double shaft with 2 blower wheels with little clearance between the blower wheels and the motor. I ended up reassembling and remounting the blower and it still runs smoothly and quietly..

Ray

There is a small fishmouth at the end of the motor housing that appears to have a tube or channel to the interior, I put some drops of oil in there on the old motor. If I think about it, I'll get some photos another day.

There is a small fishmouth at the end of the motor housing that appears to have a tube or channel to the interior, I put some drops of oil in there on the old motor. If I think about it, I'll get some photos another day.
Sounds good thanx! :)

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.