Pacific Energy Flue Cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrprusak

Nov 16, 2010
Fairbanks, Alaska
I was under the impression that the new EPA stoves had to have the flue disconnected at the stove for cleaning because none of the stoves have a direct path into the firebox.

Looking at the Pacific Energy Summit, (non-CAT), stove in the store yesterday, the salesman demonstrated that the steel baffle assembly in these stoves can be removed for cleaning, allowing the chimney debris to fall directly into the fire box with out having to disconnect the stove. I am not sure if the gasket gets destroyed when it gets removed.

Are there other stoves with such feature?? Some stoves have the burn tubes welded in place, (Lennox stoves), so I would guess this is not possible on those types of stoves and the flue would need to be disconnected for cleaning.

Yes, I think most new stoves have removable baffles and tubes for easy sweeping. Some are harder to remove than others. The PE is pretty simple and that gasket doesn't last long but isn't very spendy from what I hear. Lopi has a bypass near the back of the stove where you could just leave it open during sweeping.

Jotuls have removable tops which make the task pretty easy.

All of the PEs are setup that way. Very easy to sweep. But you're right the gasket under the baffle is pretty much good for one use only, they're cheap though...

My regency has a 2 piece ceramic baffle that takes about 30 sec to remove. There is no need to remove burn tubes as the debris just fall through them.
I think most stove are like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.