Pacific Energy has two NEW Porcelain colors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roospike

Nov 19, 2005
Eastern Nebraska
Hey ! ( if anybody wanted to know ) Pacific Energy has two NEW Porcelain colors for there stoves. NEW!
Coffee Bean Brown
Porcelain Enamel Finish &
NEW! Black Pearl
Porcelain Enamel Finish http://www.pacificenergy.net/index.php

I saw them yesterday while looking at their stoves. I like the black pearl. The original black was a bit too glossy for me. Black pearl + brushed nickel is pretty nice.

I was never a big fan of the looks of these stoves. Still looks like a painted steel box. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I give pacific energy kodos for diversifying the market place. So many of the manufactures look alike. You have you basic steel, soapstone, and cast. I believe PE are the only ones enameling steel. The look doesnt do it for me personaly, but hey, it gives the comsumer one more choice.

Give PE some credit for at least giving us a chance to convince the
lady of the house that she can pick out the color of the stove.

The Hearthstone Phoenix I got used but in good condition and even touched
up some of the worn areas of the brown majollica is not good enough
so this gets relegated to the basement for backup heat near the boiler.
After seeing the PE Fusion she is thinking about the stainless doors. We need
a prettier stove to put on the fireplace hearth evidently

IIRC, the Fusion is based off the Super 27 but costs about $600 more before
the ~$200 stainless steel door option,( but it has many other porcelain options too).
That's a heck of a premium and I'm sure a profit margin for having a choice vs.
the Henry Ford "You can get a Model T in any color you want as long as it's black"
business model. The Fusion in s/steel looks a bit like some of the European stoves
like Max Blank or Rika but at about 1/3 to 1/4 the price.

It might also be a heck of a business move. Here in NH Lowes is moving into almost
every market where Home Depot is and eating their lunch. Lowe's strategy: Make
the store clean and bright and appeal to women and purse strings will open. Might
work for stoves as well.

MountainStoveGuy said:
I give pacific energy kodos for diversifying the market place. So many of the manufactures look alike. You have you basic steel, soapstone, and cast. I believe PE are the only ones enameling steel. The look doesnt do it for me personaly, but hey, it gives the comsumer one more choice.

I think Napolean is also enameling steel on some of their pedestal units.

Status
Not open for further replies.