Pacific Energy Pacific Pricing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfgibson

Nov 2, 2008
Alabama
I have been lurking around and researching about wood buring inserts since March of this year. We finally narrowed our choices down to three: Jotul Rockland, Hampton HI300, and more recently the Pacific. We have been leaning heavily toward the Jotul because of its looks and the flat front. A friend told me to at least look at the Pacific Energy inserts and I have read that just about everyone on here who has one swears by it. We rode over to Chattanooga today to see one in action. It is much simpler looking than the Jotul, but my wife and I were both very impressed. I was excited because I had heard that they were much cheaper than the Jotuls and Hamptons.

The following is why I have decided to post and ask a question. The salesman we were talking with told us the stove configured the way we wanted (std surround with brushed nickel door trim would be $2500!) Now this fella had just started working there and knew nothing about wood stoves so I hope he was mistaken. The place was covered up and so we didn't wait to talk to the owner. I must say that we left very disappointed. We rode over only intending to look at it and then make a decision later. After seeing it work first hand and how nice it looked we decided we might just buy today. Then we hear the $2500 and left. Is this really correct? He quoted about $1800 for the stove and then $700 for the door? That just didn't seem right to us and so I am asking for help from the forum. $2500 is only $100 less than the Hampton we looked at and so I see no real savings in going with the Pacific if this is true. The Rockland is about $3200 with extra large surround, Hampton is $2600 with over size surrond in metallic black, both prices include tax. The Pacific was quoted at $2500 before tax

Thanks for bearing with this long post, I look foward to your responses.

That seems a bit steep for a Pacific. I paid $2,100.00 for my Summit Winter of 06.
I would think Pacifics being smaller should be a bit cheaper.

wow $700 for the door... My PE dealer only wanted $295 for the nickel door a couple weeks ago when I took the father-in-law over there to get a gasket for the door on his Lopi.
He puts his prices on the stoves on a little card base price, legs prices, door prices, pedestal price, ash system etc. I was looking at a summit because I still want the nickel door and legs.
I say look around.

thanks Dan I thought something must be wrong, but I can't call another dealer this weekend and was going a little crazy thinking about it all. He told me 1800 for the insert, 400 for the std door, and then another 300 for the nickel, so that was a total of 700.

If we're talking 1800 plus 300 for the nickel door that's a different story, more like what i was expecting. I probably should have waited untilt he owner was freed up but he was so busy and I was a little angry so I decided it would be better to leave and maybe call and talk to him or another store on Monday.

I bought a Pacific Energy Pacific with a standard door for $1705 plus tax in early Oct 2008 in Colorado Springs including shipping down from Denver. I am VERY happy with the stove, it replaced a 1983 insert. I am still amazed at the zero smoke emissions coming out of the stack and the increase in heat output from small fires... It's been a record warm Oct so we haven't had the opportunity for a big burn all night yet., even at 7400 feet.

Mark

Welcome to the world where it is a sellers market for wood stoves and a buyer`s market for realestate.

Oh, and it is less expensive to buy a PE stove/insert in Washington State than it is right here where I live about 16 klicks away from the plant that produces them. Seems like crazy math to me.-

Go figure!!

I bought my Summit last Nov. for $1800 with black legs black door and no ash system.

Saw the thread and was curious, so I looked at where I bought my stove online. A PE Summit insert with brushed nickel door and trim is currently $2810.00-not counting cost of shipping. The smaller models are less.

I bought my PE Pacific insert in May of 2008 with a gold door and gold trim for $2100. It is very easy to use.

Yep.. $2100 for the insert and gold door/trim..

You can always get it from another dealer and have it shipped to ya. Or get a cheaper quote from another dealer and see if this place would beat it. Seems like more people who don't know about wood stoves are working at these places..

Status
Not open for further replies.