Pacific Energy Price increase YUK !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clambdin

Jan 29, 2006
I priced a PE summit classic 3 weeks ago and after some thinking decided to go ahead and get one, So I call my dealer today and they inform me that it will now cost $300.00 More than before as PE had a price increase !! anybody know where i can get a good deal on a PE stove ? I am in Indiana.

I got the Pacific insert (mid-size) last august with the gold door and paid $2000 in Ct. I don't think that is still that bad of a price for a bigger stove. Take the black door and save about $200. Good luck its a very good stove and user friendly.

Just called my dealer, since we were going to get the Vista insert ordered in April. They haven't been notified of any increase yet, but expect it any day, and will honor the old pricing on any orders placed before the notification comes in the mail. I'm gonna talk to the financial director (my wife) tonight and might place the order tomorrow morning. Saving a couple hundred bucks is well worth it. Thanks for the heads-up!!!

It's kind of funny. I have several people each year that wait until the "season" is over to get a good deal on their stove. I always explain to them that that's when the price increases come and that the best deal they'll probably get is the price I'm offering now. Enviros have already gone up somewhere around 10%. Travis pellet stoves went up 9% back in November or somewhere abouts. I'd imagine that we'll see another from them in the next couple months. VC raised a couple of prices nothing too bad. The only year that I can remember not seeing price increases was 2001 and that wasn't because they didn't need to raise prices it was an attempt to help spur the economy after the attacks. Then in 2002 they made up for their lack of 01 price increase.

Ah supply and demand

Demand goes up prices go dow.......................... up?

Status
Not open for further replies.