Pacific Energy Rebate Extended?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soopah 27

Nov 7, 2007
Southwestern Ontario
Hi Guys,

I was at my local dealer today & he thought the Pacific Energy Rebate was extended until December.

Anyone know for sure?

Attachments

• sm dale hall indy 1981.jpg
    sm dale hall indy 1981.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 575
Hmm, this may classify as a commercial ad...........

If you can confirm that you are shopping for a stove, and not in any way tied to a dealer, the company or an effort to promote the stove commercially, then maybe I can leave this up.

So, why do you ask if it is on through dec? It is on their site, which means it is probably on.

Please confirm reason for posting.

So does that make it like a "buy 10, get one free" deal :)

Sorry about that Craig, no commercial interest. It was supposed to end on the 12th. Just want to know if I have to purchase my stove by Monday. Dealer wasn't sure, said he "had an Email, somewhere..." I don't want to pay an extra $200.

But, my wife may have taken care of that for me. I was determined to buy the plain Jane Super 27, but alas...

She likes, "The cute little red one..." (Vista classic in Whorehouse Red)

I'll edit original to remove add.

Ut oh, I see advertisements on the side of that rail ;) Don't worry , Craigs old and his eyes can't read/see that ;)

Hogwildz said:
Ut oh, I see advertisements on the side of that rail ;) Don't worry , Craigs old and his eyes can't read/see that ;)

So that's it! I was looking through some posts and drinking my coffee and all of a sudden I had an overwhelming urge to run out and buy a case of Pennzoil.

That's an Old School rail (Dale Hall) at Indy 1981. He was burning up the track!

I'm getting paranoid like the guy in the Caine Mutiny (remember the 23 scoops of strawberry ice cream).....

I'm surprised that ad didn't say "promote the brand on hearth.com and received a $200 rebate"...

Nothing wrong with promoting a good deal here, just that there was not enough info for me to determine what was behind it. For instance, if you said you were going to go for it, and it was supposed to expire 11/12 then I would have understood.

PE has the best deal going. They don't pay you any sponsor fees but still get a ton of business generated by the Forum.

i called pe on thur and they said it was over on the 12th it was already extended from oct
however they are raising the price of the stoves since the summer they have raised the price of the summit 238 bucks

Soo,

Any chance is the dealer in Cayuga ?

Unless your heating a real small space or just burning an occasional fire, I'd consider "the cute medium red one" (spectrum) instead of "the cute little red one"(vista) The vista is a 6hr stove at best.

Tell us more about what your heating and what you expect out of the stove.

Canadian stuff in general is likely to soar in price because of the weak dollar. For years (decades!) it has been the opposite, but now these stove companies are getting a triple whammy - weak $$, bad building market and high prices for steel and all other commodities.

Gunner said:
Soo,

Unless your heating a real small space or just burning an occasional fire, I'd consider "the cute medium red one" (spectrum) instead of "the cute little red one"(vista) The vista is a 6hr stove at best.

Tell us more about what your heating and what you expect out of the stove.

Ooops! Got my names mixed up. (sorry about that)

We are looking to get a mid-sized stove (27,spectrum classic or ALDERLEA) I was sold on the 27 by the firebox & the price. I was thinking that the money we saved buying the 27 versus the ALDERLEA would leave me some cash towards installing new red pine flooring. We (I) am doing a major renovation to an old farmhouse and trying not to go overboard on every individual item, as we are replacing just about everything.

But, my wife has over-ruled me on the 27, for the Spectrum in the afore-mentioned whore house coloration, which I like - but it doesn't look as "period" as the ALDERLEA. I am currently leaning towards the ALDERLEA and since she likes to spend money so much....I'm sure the more expensive stove will be more appealing. It does have a bigger window, and it's not much more $$

But - I will have to call tomorrow to find out if next week it will be more expensive. We have another shop sending out a tech to give us an evaluation, and verify the quote already given for the installation.

I'm really torn between the 2 PE dealers we have quoting our install, as our local shop can be difficult to deal with. The second shop in question is almost an hour away, but - very up-front with pricing and there always seems to be someone knowlegeable on hand. I'd like to think our local shop will step up to the plate - once our stove is installed, but I don't get that impression...

As for use: This year will be occasional use, as I learn how to burn. It's late, so I'll probably get soaked on wood this season & I won't want to buy too much.

My hope for next year is to keep off the furnace as much as possible. Heating the main floor & tempering the bedrooms upstairs with the ever-popular return-air. Heating system was installed with a return up high (6ft+) in the hearth room. I realize now the return-air may not pan out, but I can hope for the best - right?? ;-)

iceman said:
i called pe on thur and they said it was over on the 12th it was already extended from oct
since the summer they have raised the price of the summit 238 bucks

So the ad should say "save $200 off our previously inflated (by 238.00) price"

Webmaster said:

:lol:

Webmaster said:
iceman said:
since the summer they have raised the price of the summit 238 bucks

basically
i was qouted 2096 a few months ago and when i asked the dealer anout the 200 off they said ok =1896
now i called they will the rebate HOWEVER the price she gave me did not match what she had she showed me the new "book from the distb which indeed the price had gone up
she was still cheaper than any other around however it ended up costing me an extra104 bucks

iceman said:
however they are raising the price of the stoves since the summer they have raised the price of the summit 238 bucks

Thanks Iceman,

I called the dealer and today (12th) is the last day. Because their tech can't get here until Thursday - the dealer will cover the difference ($200) on the Alderlea. :)

Soopah 27 said:
iceman said:

Thanks Iceman,

I called the dealer and today (12th) is the last day. Because their tech can't get here until Thursday - the dealer will cover the difference ($200) on the Alderlea. :)

huh?? that sounds like he has room to move if he takes the bite himself ...interesting

No doubt,

After all this is Canada - land of retail pricing.

Both PE dealers here had the exact same pricing (and it was high!) $2035 for the Anderlea, PLUS 14% TAX! :eek:hh:

So, them throwing me a $200 bone - Is fine with me...

Soopah 27 said:
No doubt,

After all this is Canada - land of retail pricing.

Both PE dealers here had the exact same pricing (and it was high!) $2035 for the Anderlea, PLUS 14% TAX! :eek:hh:

So, them throwing me a $200 bone - Is fine with me...

omg is that the biggest stove??

Status
Not open for further replies.