Pacific Energy Speed Control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dirty33

Jan 12, 2024
British Columbia
I own a Pacific Energy Wood burning stove.
I’m not sure the model, I am a bit of a newb.

Anyways I had an accident and broke the knob off the speed control, which can also turn the fan off too.

I’ve ordered the new replacement unit, but it won’t arrive for like 10 days.

My question is, is there any way to jimmy the speed control until the new part arrives?

Also if anyone can ID the model that would be great too.

Here are some pics and any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

IMG_1352.jpeg IMG_1350.jpeg IMG_1348.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect this is a Super/Pacific Insert but the 2 cu ft Super and the 3 cu ft Summit are visually very close to each other. It would be easier to identify by the firebrick pattern inside. Does is have one blower or one on each side?

For the speed control, could a slot be carefully carved into the stub so that a screwdriver could turn it? Or could a short stub of round plastic dowel be very carefully glued on with superglue?

Reactions: Dirty33
I suspect this is a Super/Pacific Insert but the 2 cu ft Super and the 3 cu ft Summit are visually very close to each other. It would be easier to identify by the firebrick pattern inside. Does is have one blower or one on each side?

For the speed control, could a slot be carefully carved into the stub so that a screwdriver could turn it? Or could a short stub of round plastic dowel be very carefully glued on with superglue?
So I had the same thought as you. I took my Dremel and the smallest drill bit I own and drilled a hole down the middle.
I then took a drywall screw ( lol ) and screwed that into the hole I drilled.
Works awesome.
Thanks for the info on the model. I’ll look them up. I’ve actually never opened it up personally, just had it cleaned and serviced 4 times since I moved into the home about 8 years ago along with a chimney cleaning.

As far as the pattern goes. The brick walls stand long way up and If I remember correctly, it’s 4 bricks on each side and the back wall.
The bed I believe to be 3 bricks laid out long way from front to back, if that helps.

Thank you again for the info on the model type and as for the speed control, great minds think alike. lol

IMG_1354.jpeg

Reactions: begreen
The Super/Pacific has 4 firebricks across the floor width and the Summit has 5.

The Super/Pacific has 4 firebricks across the floor width and the Summit has 5.
Begreen

Thanks for all your help. I did a little more searching and I think I’ve narrowed it down to 2 models. The summit that you mentioned. Seen a couple pics of this model that are very similar.

The other one is the series d which looks almost identical from the pic I found on this forum.

First pic is the series d and the second is the summit. Both very similar to what I have.

Thank you again for all your help
Cheers mate

IMG_1358.png IMG_1359.png