Pacific Energy Stove Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock

Feeling the Heat
May 6, 2009
east coast canada
Hello,
Does anyone know what size the stove door gasket is for a Pacific Energy "Super 27" stove? The manual only gives a part number, but no measurement. The old one is too squished to accurately measure. Thanks

It depends on the vintage of your stove. The originals had white 5/8" round gasket. A few years ago, they switched to oval-shaped 7/8" graphite-impregnated gasket for a better seal. You can determine the size you need by the color of the old gasket: the graphite-impregnated 7/8" stuff is black.

thechimneysweep said:
It depends on the vintage of your stove. The originals had white 5/8" round gasket. A few years ago, they switched to oval-shaped 7/8" graphite-impregnated gasket for a better seal. You can determine the size you need by the color of the old gasket: the graphite-impregnated 7/8" stuff is black.

Hello. Thanks for the response. The stove is only 3 years old. The gasket is the 5/8 I believe (PN DR31.WDGKIT) Can you tell a stoves age by the serial # (209876)? The nearest Pacific Energy dealer is 1 hour away, so I want to make sure I get it right. Thanks again.

You can call the stove shop and see if they stock both. Then strip the old gasket out and take it with you. Or just pull the door and take it with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.