1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Pacific Energy Summit/Alderlea Blower

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by madison, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madison

madison Minister of Fire

Loc:
    41.33°N 74.18°W and 44.67°N 111.0°W
    Curious to hear any users comments regarding the OEM blower (part number WODC.BLOW) on their Pacific Energy Summit/Alderlea freestanding stove units.

ie Fan noise, effectiveness, would they buy it again etc.

Thanks in advance

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. summit

summit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine
    works great, 3 modes of use (off, auto, manual), adjustable speed: easy to install (only three screws, a phillips bit is all needed)... get one if you don't have one, it greatly increases the effectivness of your stove
  3. madison

madison Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Thankyou, for your comments. any comments regarding noise? Or i assume since it is adjustable that it can be turned/toned down...
  4. cycloxer

cycloxer New Member

Loc:
    Worcester County, MA
    Anyone else have this blower? I am considering adding one to my stove. My Jotul dealer says they do not make a blower for the F 400 Castine. Is that true?
  5. madison

madison Minister of Fire

Loc:
    added and commented recently in the other blower threads...
  6. cycloxer

cycloxer New Member

Loc:
    Worcester County, MA
    The blower mounts behind the stove. Does this blower unit blow out the front or out the top? In other words, are you sucking air from down below the stove and blowing it up and out or vice versa?
  7. madison

madison Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pulls air from below/back, pushes up the back between the stove and shroud then over the stove top and out the sides, trivet top and front of stove.
  8. cycloxer

cycloxer New Member

Loc:
    Worcester County, MA
    Okay thanks. I have been experimenting with my own blower for a Castine so I wanted to know how the manufacturers routed their airflow.
  9. RIDGERUNNER30

RIDGERUNNER30 Member

Loc:
    Eastern, Kentucky
    ordered a blower for for my wood stove the other day, the dealer said they were on back order, I hope they are as effective as people say they are, they are not a cheap item to purcase.
  10. madison

madison Minister of Fire

Loc:
    I believe they are effective, but I also think the stove design and installation specifics play a large role in the "effectiveness"
  11. summit

summit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine
    its a pretty quiet fan.
  12. Jfk4th

Jfk4th Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NY
    I would never buy a stove without the blower unless the size of the stove was way too big for the area to be heated. The Summit blower is worth every penny and actually cheaper than other lines of stoves. The rheostat works great, the blower on high is loud but just about all are loud on the setting. I used to keep mine on medium and it was plenty. It really heat the area up a lot quicker plus circulates the air...although people have used small fans next to the stove to accomplish the same thing. I also have a ceiling fan which helps even more so you dont have those "hotspots" in rooms/areas.
    You are probably going to have this stove for a while (unless you are a freak like me :) ) so the blower is not that much cash when you break it down over the years.

One thing I did notice is it vibrated sometimes on a higher setting, I just put a quarter between the blower and the screws on the back of the stove...took care of the vibration. You will/should take that bad boy off in the off season and blast all the dirt out with an air compressor.
    Cheers
  13. cycloxer

cycloxer New Member

Loc:
    Worcester County, MA
    The blowers are definitely effective. I started another thread where I have been doing testing on my Castine. I don't think it matters what kind of stove you have. You are simply using the fan to circulate the hot air. The difference on my Castine has been impressive so far.
  14. ICY99

ICY99 New Member

Loc:
    CENTRAL, NY
    I think the blower is essential. What it allows you to do is run the stove a little hotter than you normally would. You can turn the blower up to take away more heat from the stove while opening up the air a bit more preventing coal build up. Thats how I use it. Great for really cold weather.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.