Pacific Energy Summit/Alderlea Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
works great, 3 modes of use (off, auto, manual), adjustable speed: easy to install (only three screws, a phillips bit is all needed)... get one if you don't have one, it greatly increases the effectivness of your stove

Anyone else have this blower? I am considering adding one to my stove. My Jotul dealer says they do not make a blower for the F 400 Castine. Is that true?

The blower mounts behind the stove. Does this blower unit blow out the front or out the top? In other words, are you sucking air from down below the stove and blowing it up and out or vice versa?

Okay thanks. I have been experimenting with my own blower for a Castine so I wanted to know how the manufacturers routed their airflow.

ordered a blower for for my wood stove the other day, the dealer said they were on back order, I hope they are as effective as people say they are, they are not a cheap item to purcase.

madison said:
Thankyou, for your comments. any comments regarding noise? Or i assume since it is adjustable that it can be turned/toned down...

its a pretty quiet fan.

I would never buy a stove without the blower unless the size of the stove was way too big for the area to be heated. The Summit blower is worth every penny and actually cheaper than other lines of stoves. The rheostat works great, the blower on high is loud but just about all are loud on the setting. I used to keep mine on medium and it was plenty. It really heat the area up a lot quicker plus circulates the air...although people have used small fans next to the stove to accomplish the same thing. I also have a ceiling fan which helps even more so you dont have those "hotspots" in rooms/areas.
You are probably going to have this stove for a while (unless you are a freak like me :) ) so the blower is not that much cash when you break it down over the years.

One thing I did notice is it vibrated sometimes on a higher setting, I just put a quarter between the blower and the screws on the back of the stove...took care of the vibration. You will/should take that bad boy off in the off season and blast all the dirt out with an air compressor.
Cheers

The blowers are definitely effective. I started another thread where I have been doing testing on my Castine. I don't think it matters what kind of stove you have. You are simply using the fan to circulate the hot air. The difference on my Castine has been impressive so far.

I think the blower is essential. What it allows you to do is run the stove a little hotter than you normally would. You can turn the blower up to take away more heat from the stove while opening up the air a bit more preventing coal build up. Thats how I use it. Great for really cold weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.