pacific energy super 27

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich81

Dec 10, 2006
hello, all I have a pac energy super 27 and its a good stove for heating my home. The only problem is getting a fire going from a cold start. I have and outside pipe which is the main reason why i have(really) smokey starts. once the stove and pipe are warm all is good, but before that its smoke city. Any ideas on how to avoid smokey start or get pipe warm so i don't constantly have to keep a fire going to keep everything warm especially on a 40-50 degree day. thank you

Welcome to the pack .

Make sure you start off building small fires and then add more wood as you go , get a good coal bed with kindling , fire starter wood (ie; Duraflame slices / super cedar ect ) and very small wood , get it hot , get it going and then add splits.

If you have rounds ( round un slpit wood ) wait until you have a good fire and bed of coal before adding rounds and large wood.

Glad to see you love your stove.

What it isn't a self-ignitor? Get your money back! :)

A tee in the stovepipe near the chimney breach can give you a place to put a piece of balled up newspaper in the pipe and light it - this will usually reverse the chimney. Once you know the chimney is updrafting, burn through a 1/2 load or so of very small wood - mostly kindling and some small stuff - keeping in mind you are warming the chimney and stove.

sorry its been a few months ...but that is what worked for me. it didn't matter how small of a fire i used to build it would always smoke...... now i put some newspaper where u said and it works like a charm.... opnce again thank you for solving my dilemma

Sometimes a super cedar will solve the problem too.

IE stick a super cedar in the firebox and light it. Close the door and let it get the draft moving, then open the door and lay your wood around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.