Pacific Energy Super27 secondary burn manifold

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougstove

Feeling the Heat
Aug 7, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
Hello;
Is the secondary burn manifold in a Pacific Energy Super 27 supposed to run east/west (left right) or north/south (front to back).

Peering in, mine runs east west, I can see a row of outlet holes facing the door, and I get secondary combustion. So it works.

But: I have this memory (or hallucination?) that it used to run north/south, front to back. I may be confusing my current stove with my previous Napoleon, but I am just wondering enough if my baffle got rotated 90 degrees somehow.
cheers, Doug

Hello;
Is the secondary burn manifold in a Pacific Energy Super 27 supposed to run east/west (left right) or north/south (front to back).

Peering in, mine runs east west, I can see a row of outlet holes facing the door, and I get secondary combustion. So it works.

But: I have this memory (or hallucination?) that it used to run north/south, front to back. I may be confusing my current stove with my previous Napoleon, but I am just wondering enough if my baffle got rotated 90 degrees somehow.
cheers, Doug
Not sure what you mean? I have a T5 which should be the same and I get secondaries in both directions and you probably do too.. Welcome to the forum Doug!

Ray

Welcome. Most burn tubes should run left to right.

Welcome. Most burn tubes should run left to right.
The Super 27 should have a baffle not tubes just like the T5.. The holes run both ways on the baffle..

Ray

Attachments

• 2011 08 05 002 (Medium).JPG
    2011 08 05 002 (Medium).JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 569
If it was in sideways it couldn't draw secondary air through the port in the back of the baffle.

Rest.

Dougstove, you are funny.

The Super 27 should have a baffle not tubes just like the T5.. The holes run both ways on the baffle..

Ray
Sorry about that guys my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.