pacific energy wood insert question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wyothom

Aug 11, 2014
Stephentown ny
I'm trying to find out some info on the PE summit series A wood insert, as I am considering a used purchase. Wonder when production ended and the functional difference with the series B? Also, what would be a fair price, if in good condition? Thanks all.

Hogwildz has run both and has posted several good threads and comments on this insert. The Summit A was the first run. It ended a couple years ago. The Summit B had the EBT moved to the back of the stove and regulating the secondary air. The current version is the Summit C. There are several threads here on the Summit. Here is one that may be helpful.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/pacific-energy-summit-insert-series-confusion.121750/
One thing to check closely for are cracks forming on the door opening corners. If they are showing, drop the offering price a lot. They can be welded and ground down, but you will need to find someone to do this. If the insert is in excellent condition, maybe $12-1400? If showing those hairline cracks, $600?

Offer them $1,000.00 for starters.
As pointed out, check the upper door opening corners & just inside for cracks, check the face just outside the door opening for cracks.
Mine had those, but it did not deter function.
Check the steel top and sides for signs of abuse such as warping, a white haze etc.
If in decent shape, its a great heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.