Paging stoveguy, macman, 10 cpm owners for simple question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

champscorner

Sep 7, 2009
Midwest Ohio
Getting ready to cure the 10 cpm for the first time here in a couple of hours. Just waiting for it to warm up a little so i can open windows. Basically just wanted to know if there is anything you guys recommed for the cure or my actual first burn later on this evening. I know to run the cure at 5-5 setting for ~3hrs, anything else I should be doing? Just want to get it right. Thanks in advance guys.

That's all you should have to do.
If you are burning pellets, make sure it is set for pellets ( # 1 ).
It should come all ready set for pellets. When I got mine last year it was set for corn when it came out of the box.
Good stove you will like it.

I have my 10-CPM set for (bottom three buttons) 1-3-1. Factory setting is 1-4-1 for pellets.

I was planning to do the cure outside also, but never did. The odor wasn't bad at all. You should be happy with the stove. Especially if you hook up a T-stat, then all you have to do is fill hopper and your maintnence!

Chris

Go for it Champ. Like dlh said, make it's set for pellets, and let 'er rip!

Like dlh, mine was set for corn when I got it, and even though it was set wrong, it still burned the pellets just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.