Paint Class A Pipe Black?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maplegirl

Sep 7, 2007
South Shore, MA
Quick question:
Can I use the black stove pipe paint to also paint the foot or so of Class A Chimney pipe that is inside my house?
Thanks!

I did my section of class A Triple in the living room with black "Stovebright" brand paint with no troubles and it's holding up great. I just wiped the surface down with windex, made sure it had all dried and sprayed it. Just make sure you DO NOT do this with a fire burning (or electric motors running, pilot lights, etc.) as the stuff is very flammable and smells like you wouldn't believe. A day when you can have windows open for ventilation is a must.

Yeah you can do that, it works fine. Simpson Duravent actually sells the class A pre-painted "Dura Black" for that last piece that sicks into the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.