Paint for wall shield- high heat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackcat

Feb 1, 2011
NW NJ
Finally got the chimney taken down, new hearth built over the weekend and getting ready to frame for the new wood stove.
We're getting a piece of steel cut to use as a wall shield behind the new VC Encore. We would like to paint it. Do we really need to use high heat paint? There is a heat shield on the back of the stove already. Previously there was a brick hearth behind the stove- which is also gone now.
Cannot wait to get this stove in and fire it up!

If your far enough away to meet clearances, I don't see why it would have to be high heat paint. But high heat wouldn't hurt.

For the few $$ it costs more than a regular decent paint, I'd use high heat. My SIL used reg paint near his gas fireplace. The results were not good when it got hot. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.