Paint Question for Jotul 602

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper698

Feb 25, 2007
Does anyone know if they sell spray paint or touch up paint for an older jotul 602?
The stove is the green enamel.

That's a tough one. Have you checked with a local Jotul dealer? If that doesn't work out, my next attempt would be a porcelain touch-up paint, preferably one made for barbeques. The trouble is that most just come in standard colors like: http://www.porc-a-fix.net/porc-a-fix.htm#products .

Maybe you can find a kit that allows custom mixing? Do a test area on the lower back first.

I need it for the legs, I cut 2" out of the legs so it would clear the top of my fireplace and i want to tig weld the foot back on.

There are several sources online for stove paint that exactly matches Jotul colors. These are high temp paints, not porcelain enamel, but probaly all you need for the legs. A few years ago I found an exact match for my green Jotul 602 at the local TruValue Hardware, so it's worth checking nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.