painted firebrick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stunews

Jul 24, 2008
london england
Hi, need an opinion, I've procured myself a cast iron fireplace for £50 - it looks like it's been quick bodge restored, but is quite reasonable I think althought there is a bit of damage to it - this isn't the problem however.
The thing is, it's been painted with something that has given it quite a shiney finish, and they've also painted the firebrick with this finish also - would anyone know if this is a problem?
And while I'm there, I prefer the matt finish, I hear there is something called zebo which give it a matt black finish - would anyone know if I can just rub the zebo over the top?
Thanks for your time..
news

Paint on the firebrick should not be too much of an issue. Most of it will burn off during your first few fires.

Status
Not open for further replies.