Painting class A duraplus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPED

Dec 31, 2007
I did a search and couldn't find a specific answer. Can you paint duraplus? I was wondering if it would take paint as it's shiny I'd be worried about adhesion. Was thinking of hitting it with the krylon bbq&stove;paint. Just want to do what I can to keep it from sticking out like a sore thumb when looking at the front of the house as it will stick out of the roof a good 6 feet.

stainless can be painted you should rough it up with a scotch brite pad and knock the shine off of it first so the paint will adhere good. you could also use light sandpaper and paint with atleast 3 coats.

I also suggest burning some good fires in it as well, this will get it hot and burn off the oils. We have painted it black before with Stove Bright and it stays on just fine.

Cool, thanks guys, jtp are you saying burn it a few times before painting it?

SPED said:
Cool, thanks guys, jtp are you saying burn it a few times before painting it?

Yes, to burn the oils off the pipe. Or wipe it down with isopropyl alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.