Painting fiberglass truck topper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming

Anyone have an idea of what it would cost to paint a topper?
I found a nice Leer for a decent price, but its red and my truck is black.
I talked to a neighbor who runs a paint and body shop and he said $600+.
I thought that was pretty high but what do i know.
Anyone had it done and what did it cost ya? Thanks!

Ok, well that shoots down that idea.
Thanks

The paint ain't so bad, it's the labor to set up, prep, shoot color, sand, shoot color again (maybe), wet sand, shoot clear, polish, wax, ..... you get the idea right? If you're feeling adventurous there are some DIY options.

Yeah, i will just have to wait till i find one in black.
I figured it would be pretty easy to find a used one. Not so easy, they go fast.
I may just get a brand new one, they seem to hold their value very well and could sell in a few years.

I bought a cap a few years back for my truck and it was the wrong color. A friend of a friend who is a painter did it on the side for like $400.

What's a fiberglass shell go for these days anyways? Can't seem to give 'em away used.

Status
Not open for further replies.