painting outside of supervent chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bag of hammers

Minister of Fire
Jan 7, 2010
Northern ON
My setup uses Supervent 2100 chimney in a cathedral ceiling support box. The chimney uses a support ring inside the box, so that some of the insulated chimney extends down into the room below the box.

The company (in their install manual) suggests that this part of the chimney (visible in the room) can be primed and painted to match the stove connector pipe. They don't mention any specifics beyond that. I'm undecided if I will do anything with it (the look of the stainless is not horrible) - but I was just wondering if anyone here has painted the outside of Supervent (or similar) chimney, what kind of primer / paint was used, and how it turned out or held up...? Or any other thoughts...

Thanks,

Thanks oldspark - that's an exact match - guess I am busted (guilty of being too lazy to search for this before posting):( .

Thanks A1 that is good to know...

Status
Not open for further replies.