painting porcelain?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

My Oslo heats my home

Minister of Fire
Sep 20, 2010
South Shore, MA
No idea about this topic, could use some help...looks like it could be a simple yes or no thing.
My Jotul 602 has an porcelain green finish, there are many spots where the cast has started to rust through (ware spots)
I just ordered a new aftermarket replacement part, a back plate, It only comes in matt black finish.
Can the green porcelain be painted in any way?

Jotul used to make touch up enamels for their stoves that came in small vials with a brush in the cap. Not sure if they would still have them.

BeGreen said:
Jotul used to make touch up enamels for their stoves that came in small vials with a brush in the cap. Not sure if they would still have them.

ok - thanks Green, worth a look...Now if that plan fails my question still remains, can I paint porcelain?

You can touch it up, but I am not sure about a repaint. Maybe you could scuff it up, maybe etch it before a high temp repainting?

I would maybe touch up the little chips with the touch-up paint, and try to find some high-temp paint that matches the green as best you can, for the back plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.