Painting Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed P

Apr 13, 2013
Wapwallopen, Pa
The used stove I bought had a few spots of rust on it so I figured I'd give it a brand new paint job. I sanded the entire thing down and painted it with Rustoleum High Heat Ultra (semi gloss black). Well, I don't like it at all. Too shiny. What stove bright color matches the standard harman black and can I just paint over this paint or should I sand it all off and start over. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Simple painting basics here never paint over a shiny surface oryou will have poor adhesive properties for the new coat of paint this applies everywhere scotch brute clean with thinner and re-spray

Reactions: Defiant and gbreda
Go to a Harman dealer and they have the correct, exact match paint.

Tom C.

I had good luck with Rutland High Heat Stove Paint: Flat Black on the P68.
Found it at a local hardware/ lumber yard.

As mentioned previously, scuff it up, clean it and re paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.