Painting stainless T?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
Did a search and didn't locate much.

My Jotul 602 sits infront of my fireplace. The only part of the liner you can see in the room is the stainless T

Can this be painted with high temp stove paint?

yup we just scuff it first with 00 steel wool and then paint it. It more than likely will need to be touched up every 3 - 4 years

I've not painted stainless in a hi-temp application, but I can tell you that stainless is usually primed with a special etching primer, before painting. Fail to use it, and your paint will surely begin to flake off after a year or three. I'd definitely check out the Homesaver paint A1 recommends, if it's truly formulated for use on stainless. I wouldn't use any regular hi-temp paint, unless you intend to repaint every couple of years, as skinanbones suggests.

Status
Not open for further replies.