Painting the trim

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbossman73

Jan 8, 2011
West Texas
I just got an Earth Stove bv400c. Well the wife is less than thrilled about the gold trim around the glass. Is there a way to paint it to where it wont look like crap haha. Any b efore and after shots of anybody who has done this would be great. Thanks and God Bless

I don't see why regular stove paint would not do the job - assuming you are talking about the gold plated door and side windows.
You might want to rough them up a bit with sandpaper or something before painting....use stove bright or thermolux brand paint. Light coats work best....spray better than liquid, IMHO.

Pictured is a similar model with mostly black....

Attachments

• bv4000cinsert.jpg
    bv4000cinsert.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 175
Webmaster said:
I don't see why regular stove paint would not do the job - assuming you are talking about the gold plated door and side windows.
You might want to rough them up a bit with sandpaper or something before painting....use stove bright or thermolux brand paint. Light coats work best....spray better than liquid, IMHO.

Pictured is a similar model with mostly black....

thats the bv4000c, which didn't have a gold door option

op,
do you mean the gold plated doors? or the anodized brass surround trim?
hi-temp stove paint likely wont stick well on the gold door, even if roughed up(note-its chrome underneath!)
if its for the trim, do like Craig says, sand lightly with 220, and shoot w/stovebright.

note:the stove came with metallic black Stovebright

Status
Not open for further replies.