pallet buster

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toonces

Nov 7, 2011
Farmington Valley, CT
my wife wanted a raised planter and i decided i'd make it out of pallets i'd acquired from work deliveries. i started reclaiming the wood with a claw hammer and decided a crowbar & sledge would be better but still could not get the stuff apart without a supreme struggle. i finally plunked down on a Duckbill Deckwrecker and seriously made short work of a few pallets. huge difference.

it's made for, um, wrecking wooden decks but works great on most pallets. i asked Logrite if they ever made custom tools and they said to give them a ring if i know what i want. i don't know if i could justify a Logrite-quality tool for the few pallets i'd break up (i don't burn them) but man, that'd be a sweet tool. i think i'll use the Deckwrecker for a while and see what changes i'd make to it, if any. then, who knows?

so for you pallet burners that like tools, give it a peek. yes, a hammer will work too, i know, but big hand tools of destruction are awesome.

my wife wanted a raised planter and i decided i'd make it out of pallets i'd acquired from work deliveries. i started reclaiming the wood with a claw hammer and decided a crowbar & sledge would be better but still could not get the stuff apart without a supreme struggle. i finally plunked down on a Duckbill Deckwrecker and seriously made short work of a few pallets. huge difference.

it's made for, um, wrecking wooden decks but works great on most pallets. i asked Logrite if they ever made custom tools and they said to give them a ring if i know what i want. i don't know if i could justify a Logrite-quality tool for the few pallets i'd break up (i don't burn them) but man, that'd be a sweet tool. i think i'll use the Deckwrecker for a while and see what changes i'd make to it, if any. then, who knows?

so for you pallet burners that like tools, give it a peek. yes, a hammer will work too, i know, but big hand tools of destruction are awesome.
That tool does look awesome....Maybe I'll put that on my want list or maybe have a friend make me one....

That tool does look awesome....Maybe I'll put that on my want list or maybe have a friend make me one....
i wish i had a welder after seeing the different designs out there. check out YouTube.

I made one of these, works pretty good. You can buy them for around $50 bucks.
The one I made is just a little short, I think I will add a bit more length to the forks.

Attachments

• Picture 099.jpg
    Picture 099.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 2,402
Status
Not open for further replies.