pallet dimensions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bas157

Oct 1, 2012
Near Limerick, PA
Hello
Is there a standard size of pallet that is used for a ton of pellets? Looking online, I've seen 48" x 48" or 48" x 40".
Specifically looking for the size pallet Stove Chow pellet come on. I could go to Home Depot and measure but figure someone on here might know and save me a trip (calling to HD to ask might result in a long hold time).
thanks

Keep in mind, depending on how they are stacked, there could be as much as 2 or 3 inches hanging off of each long side. If you are measuring to see if you will be able to fit "X" amount of pallets, figure 48X46 and you should be safe.

We've got a 4'x6' 3,000 pound trailer or a 5'x7' 2000 pound trailer. Just trying to figure out what to use. The larger ones we'd have to put some pellets in the truck, meaning the factory wrap would need to be cut but not sure if it would fit in the smaller sized but heavier duty trailer.

If your 4'x6' trailer is actually 48", you should be fine with it. Just have to make sure that the fork lift driver is centered when they place the pallet on the trailer. The pallets from my supplier are 40x48.

Keep in mind, depending on how they are stacked, there could be as much as 2 or 3 inches hanging off of each long side. If you are measuring to see if you will be able to fit "X" amount of pallets, figure 48X46 and you should be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.