Pallet Jack/Truck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejectr

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2009
Brimfield, MA
Anyone know a place to get a descent pallet jack for a descent price? I checked Harbor Freight and theirs is $299. A little much for just moving 4 pallets of pellets a few feet into position in my garage.

craigslist

$100 or less

they are pretty common in the secondary markets....probs the best way to get them.....

I found a used one for 75 bucks from a local forklift repair shop. Stay away from the harbor freight ones they are a throw away unit if something breaks parts can't be found.

? Rented unit available.

Reminds me of the time I tried to move a pallet of pellets in my driveway. As I jacked up the load the steel wheels simply sunk into the blacktop. The boom truck had 10 tons of pellets on it when it arrived and the driveway held up fine but not from those tiny wheels on a pallet jack.

I have used my 2 wheeler on occasion to drag around the pallets. not easy but it can be done.

2 wheeler to drag 2000lb of pellets. Damn I can feel my back going out just thinking about it. Careful with that, I'm sure it can be done, but so can a bulged disk. I know because I have one in my neck from moving the wrong way lifting and positioning a 250 lb copier on to its stand. It happens in a second.

Just sayin, it might not be worth saving 75-100 bucks for a lifetime of discomfort.

Check Taylor Rental or the like; you can probably rent one for 20 bucks.

Hire two young high school football studs to move them for you....cheap and no risk to you......

Reactions: Eatonpcat
2 wheeler to drag 2000lb of pellets. Damn I can feel my back going out just thinking about it. Careful with that, I'm sure it can be done, but so can a bulged disk. I know because I have one in my neck from moving the wrong way lifting and positioning a 250 lb copier on to its stand. It happens in a second.

Just sayin, it might not be worth saving 75-100 bucks for a lifetime of discomfort.

Check Taylor Rental or the like; you can probably rent one for 20 bucks.
Yes...Taylor Rental has one for $22 for 4 hours. It will take me 2 hours just to get it and return it. One on Craigs List for $100 I'll probably go for. I can see having to do this yearly because the delivery fork lift can't get in my garage. SO five years of rentals would pay for that one.

I've emailed the guy on Craig's list about his pallet truck 3 times with no reply. No other way to contact him.

I've emailed the guy on Craig's list about his pallet truck 3 times with no reply. No other way to contact him.

I had the same issues when I found them for sale on craigslist, other items also, it is hard to get a response, when you really want one.

Reminds me of the time I tried to move a pallet of pellets in my driveway. As I jacked up the load the steel wheels simply sunk into the blacktop. The boom truck had 10 tons of pellets on it when it arrived and the driveway held up fine but not from those tiny wheels on a pallet jack.

Same thing happened to me when I tried to jack up a Ford F-250 in the driveway! The dents have been there for about 5 years now. I laugh at myself every time I notice them.

Same thing happened to me when I tried to jack up a Ford F-250 in the driveway! The dents have been there for about 5 years now. I laugh at myself every time I notice them.
Glad I have a concrete floor in the garage. Cracked in places, but unsinkable.

Finally got an email back from the Craig's list ad. The guy sent me a reply like I was a scammer. I sent one back saying I was no scammer and if he didn't want to sell his pallet truck, I'd go elsewhere. He finally came around and I'm going to see it tomorrow. If it looks as new as it does in the pictures, it will be coming home with me for $100.

To jack on tar put down some wood or steel, been there, done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.