Palm Sunday Storm?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods

Attachments

• 590x393_03191625_palmsunday.jpg
    590x393_03191625_palmsunday.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 131
Now tracking south a little bit...

590x393_03211421_weekendus.jpg

Reactions: zap
Now tracking south a little bit...

Another large storm is possible about a week later during part of the Easter Weekend (March 30-April 1).

From AccuWeather. ==c

I woke up to an inch if snow, after watching the 11 PM news last night, no mention of snow.

They can't seem to predict weather within a 24 hour period correctly, forget about them guessing a week out!

We will know as it happens, that's the only real way to know the weather these days!

Reactions: ScotO and Ashful
I've found that if they are talking about a significant storm a week out, you can guarantee that there will be some amount of snow. This weekends storm was predicted a week ago.

I woke up to an inch if snow, after watching the 11 PM news last night, no mention of snow.

They can't seem to predict weather within a 24 hour period correctly, forget about them guessing a week out!

We will know as it happens, that's the only real way to know the weather these days!
The cold air meeting that warm air form the south will cause some bad weather, maybe not snow but usually some strong winds.

Reactions: ScotO
Hooray! It goes south of us.

2" of slop fell last night....8" more supposed to fall tonight.

Well I hope the fools that wanted more snow in January are finally satisfied. It's almost April already!

I'm tired , the truck is tired , plow is about worn out, the paddles on the snowblower are worn out, the coil is shot on another one, the carb is shot on the 2 stage unit, the metal edge that was rivited to the shovel has partially separated from the rest of the assembly. There is a 14" of compacted snow/ ice on the ground out my window here. I'm out of de-icing materials. They are still calling snow showers/ flurries which in WI can mean zero to14" due to lake effect in this area. We have snow storms as late as the middle of May. May is rare, nasty dumps though end of April are not. Although they have become less frequent over the last 25 years.
Good news is my contracts for snow clearing end in 7 days. Per call basis after that.

Reactions: Swedishchef and zap
6"-8" forecast here in the Laurel Highlands of west central PA.

Get ready folks. The radar shows it to be four miles South of my house headed my and your way.

Got about 5" of slop on the ground and the winds are really starting to pick up...hope the power stays on.

Update: The path to the wood shed this morning......13 inches and now blowing, although that should stop since it supposed to get above freezing today.
Snow storm 3-24-2013.jpg

~ 8" here, hard to say since a lot has already melted off and/or compressed. Very wet heavy snow.

We got about 8" over the weekend and another 4ish" so far today. And to think, I was gonna pull out the lawn mower in another 2 months.... :p

Last year my grass had been cut at least once by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.