1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Parrot Fort...

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by GAMMA RAY, May 17, 2012.

1. GAMMA RAY

GAMMA RAY Minister of Fire

Loc:
    PA.
    I can spend ten bucks on a stupid parrot toy that the lil bugger does not even look at....but put an empty water bottle (cut in half) on his stand and it will keep him busy for two weeks...he "attacks" when I go near him when he is inside the friggin thing..cracks me up parrotfort1.jpg parrotfort2.jpg parrotfort3.jpg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fishingpol

fishingpol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    Nice Gamma. That beak looks sharp.

Talk about free fun, here is a picture of the box my flex liner came in. I made it into a "battle bot" for the kids and they beat the snot of the box until it fell apart. They would walk around bumping into things while the plastic bats flailed away. It was hilarious.
    Yes, I did take a turn in it as they whacked away with sticks.
    . DSC07986.JPG
  3. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    He gets pistachio nuts? At least they are California ones...I'd freak if you fed him the real things from abroad.
  4. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    Ha! I love it.:cool: My cat would love to "play" w/your parrot, he's a bit of a wimp though....your parrot would probably kick his ars.;lol Good mouser though::-)
  5. Mrs. Krabappel

Mrs. Krabappel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    My 41yo amazon parrot laid and egg:eek: in the bottom of her cage yesterday. No wonder she's been extra mean to me. I call her "el tigre."
  6. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    that's the equivalent of giving my boys the kitchen chairs and a few afghans.

I see bird with your attitude in those pics gamma! That's a hoot.

pen
  7. GAMMA RAY

GAMMA RAY Minister of Fire

Loc:
    PA.
    The only reason that bugger has got pistachio nuts is because I made a mistake and bought the salt less ones...<> and no one was eating them. I don't think he likes them either.:confused:

Your parrot has every right to be pi$$ed off....41 and laying "blanks." :( I would be pi$$ed off too. ;lol
    ~*~Kathleen~*~ and ScotO like this.
  8. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Hehheh . . . my cats are the same way Gamma . . . buy them toys, cat condo and even make them a nice cat tree and what do they prefer to play with . . . an empty Coke Zero carton that they climb in and out of . . . give them the carton and a cap from a soda bottle or milk jug or a roll of gauze tape and they'll play for hours.
  9. firebroad

firebroad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carroll County, MD
    All the cats I ever owned (I think the stinkers actually owned me) liked those little furry mice that look real. Thing is, once they managed to detach the tails, game over, mice were soundly ignored. It was always a worrisome question as to where the tails went. Never found them, even in the litter box.
    But yeah, best toys were stuff I dropped, or piece of packaging.
  10. ScotO

ScotO Guest

ROTFLMAO! That just made my day!