Part for splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xrayman

Jul 11, 2008
central Iowa
I'm working on a older Spee co splitter and the joint between the motor and the hydro pump went out. It has a horizontal shaft motor on it. I think it's called a love-joy union, does anyone know where to get one on line or a good place to look for one would be. I've tried our local version on TSC and they don't have anything. They're even a spee co dealer lol. Anyone have any thoughts?

Northern tool, I think they are online. Yep its a love-joy conection, not sure if I spelled it right.

Grainger has good prices on them and fast shipping. A Forum member recently got his at Tractory Supply Company locally.

Love-joy is one of many companies that make those couplings...there are two coupling halfs and a rubber "spider" or shock absorber inbetween them. If you can't get them local, Grainger or McMaster Carr has a selection of them.

Note, there are aluminum couplers available. I've used them on 20hp electric motors with no problems BUT...if you get an aluminum one use some never seize on the key/shaft bores.

It's either a Lovejoy or Woods coupling. Almost any local industrial supply place should have them in stock. If you're not in a hurry though MSC Direct is another option to Grainger and McMastercarr.

Status
Not open for further replies.