Patriot Pellets from York, PA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rap69ri

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2008
Middle of RI
Has anyone used these pellets yet? I'm looking to try some to get ready for next years buy of 100-200 tons, but don't want to waste my time if the forum folks aren't happy with them.

Thanks for your input.

I tried them last year. At that time they had some production problems. Overall I thought they burned OK, but were very dirty. A lot of dark ash. If you are getting a good deal they may be worh a look.

Trail_Time said:
I tried them last year. At that time they had some production problems. Overall I thought they burned OK, but were very dirty. A lot of dark ash. If you are getting a good deal they may be worh a look.

Do you know anyone that's burned them from this years production run?

I have burned from this years batch... and from the time they started production.

I have never been screwed around as much as when dealing w/ Patriot / Spring Valley mulch

we have a local group of pellet / corn heads... and we are all about to stop using anything w/ the patriot name.

good pellets... a little dirty and a few mis-bags...

but they screw you around too much. As of yesterday they were advertising 1000 tons @ 240/ton.

by next week..you might be on a waiting list.

needsmoheat said:
I have burned from this years batch... and from the time they started production.

I have never been screwed around as much as when dealing w/ Patriot / Spring Valley mulch

we have a local group of pellet / corn heads... and we are all about to stop using anything w/ the patriot name.

good pellets... a little dirty and a few mis-bags...

but they screw you around too much. As of yesterday they were advertising 1000 tons @ 240/ton.

by next week..you might be on a waiting list.

Thanks for the heads up. Don't want to waste any time or effort dealing with a vendor that play's games.

honestly... I don't think they play games on purpose... I think it will just take them some time to get used to how pellet people work.

IE.. we don't want to wait until december to get our pellets.

December would be a little on the late side for pellets!

Status
Not open for further replies.