Pavers - growth between blocks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sportbikerider78

Minister of Fire
Jun 23, 2014
Saratoga, NY
I have a nice paver walkway and get moss and grass growth between them. It is about 20 something years old and I believe it is just stone dust and sand between them.

The kids play a great deal in this area and I'd prefer to not use a strong weed killer. Perhaps more of a cement like product that bonds them together more?

Power wash the dust sand out and redo with polymer sand no more weeds

Try white vinegar.

Power wash the dust sand out and redo with polymer sand no more weeds
We have polymer sand. After about 5 yrs weeds and moss started showing up. Gets worse with every year. I was considering a propane burner to torch them off but will try the white vinegar first.

We also have tiny ants that seem to love the perfect ant nest we laid down for them. They are spreading under the whole large patio.

The vinegar kills a lot of varieties of weeds. Crab grass is a little more tolerant of it and takes a larger dose or more doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.