Paxo 40 with open, 1,200 gallon storage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northwoodsman

May 21, 2008
Northern MI
I am in the process of designing and assisting in the installation of a Paxo 40 (137K BTU) boiler with a 1,200 gallon insulated storage tank.

I am planning to use a 40 plate, 1-1/4" NPT plate HX and will be connecting it to the current Burnham hot water boiler.

I am looking for input as to the most effective (in both operation and cost) arrangement of circ. pumps, aqaustats, valvles etc. which will allow the PAXO boiler, Burnham boiler and open storage tank to work together.

Please don't be affraid to get technical as I understand all the terms and have a very good understanding of a closed, pressurized system (I installed my EKO40 with 1,000 gallons of pressurized storage).

I'm just not 100% certain as to the most effective way to do the open style system.

Thanks for all your help!!!!

NWM

I am planning to use a 40 plate, 1-1/4” NPT plate HX

One question would be whether you are accurately sizing the the HX both for btu transfer at target side A supply and Side B temperature to tank, gpm's required to achieve target delivered btu's, and pump head at target gpm.

Status
Not open for further replies.