Pay Attention, it could save your life....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearth Mistress

Minister of Fire
One of the managers that reports to me in the Philadelphia area received a phone call every parent fears. His 16 yo daughter was admitted to the local hospital badly beaten and *****. It was just on the news tonight and we are all praying they catch this scum bag. She was walking home from a friends house at 11:30 Saturday night only a few blocks from her house. She was on the phone with her friend and fiddling with her ipod so she didn't hear or notice the guy that pulled up, threatened her with a gun, beat the hell out of her, dragged her out of the car and ***** her in a nearby park. Her friend heard it all happen before the guy hung up her phone so she called 911.

Evidently, this isn't the first time a similar attack has happened, the youngest being 12.

Please remind your kids, grandkids or any other kids in your life that there are bad people out there. Kids are distracted with their ipods, phones, etc and are not always walking with their heads up paying attention to their surroundings. It could save their life!

I hope they find this creep and put him away so he can't hurt anyone else.

Here's what was on the news. The facts are a little off on their account but you'll get the jist of it.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9125155

That crime deserves the hanging rope... in my eye's that person will never be a contributor or fit into society again... He'll just be a free ride on our tax dollar.. Get rid of him! He just ruined an innocent persons life! No trial , right to the hanging rope! Done over.. Sets a good example!

Interesting point. We also put down animals at end of life that are suffering. Should we extend this to humans?

Interesting point. We also put down animals at end of life that are suffering. Should we extend this to humans?
This is my first look-see in the Inglenook, so I need a little guidance. Can we discuss this topic and the previous post by blacktail here?

I think so as long as the discussion is kept polite and civil. This is a serious and difficult topic. If the thread becomes political, religious or personal attacks start happening it will be canned.

Reactions: Hearth Mistress
Status
Not open for further replies.