Payroll Tax

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
What's the deal with this latest debate, I don't get it. Isn't the payroll tax money that goes into Social Security? Why are we taking money out of that when it has some major problems? If cutting payroll tax creates jobs why not make it permanent instead of these 1 year extension's? Why don't we just reform the whole tax system or do something like Boles/Simpson came up with? Just seems like both sides are using this debate as political posturing for the next election. I'm sick of it!

It is supposed to make you so angry that you don't even bother to vote anymore.

That's why they call it a "payroll tax" not not "social security tax".
They don't want those on social security to know they are not funding it.
Hide the facts from seniors because they vote. ;)
They seem to get re-elected regardless. Even going back to "ear marks" under different names :) If they get earmark $$ for their state, they get re-elected. Same oh stuff, new name.
"Revenue" is new word for "taxes"
"Stimulus funding" is new for "ear marks" & "Pay back for campaign contributions"
I bet most get re- elected :(

Status
Not open for further replies.