PB 105 burnpot bubble issue update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
as I said, the selling dealer is supposed to cover service work.....did you buy your stove locally near you by chance, or from a distance? Harman does put alot of faith in the dealer for customer support, I agree with that.....but most harman service issues lie with the dealer rather than the company itself....

IMO they are one in the same in the customers eyes because of how their warranty service is setup.

as I said, the selling dealer is supposed to cover service work.....did you buy your stove locally near you by chance, or from a distance? Harman does put alot of faith in the dealer for customer support, I agree with that.....but most harman service issues lie with the dealer rather than the company itself....

The Harman dealer is about a 1/4 mile from my home and all in all, they are very nice people and have always provided the parts that failed under warranty. Their service tech is also very nice. My problem is not so much the dealer per se but the fact that Harman has not made this dealer aware of this on going issue with the burnpot. Because they are not being told and that I am his only customer with the problem, they are looking at me as not operating the boiler properly. I really don't like the fact that my credability is now in question. Yesterday he told me that I shouldn't be keep my house at 72*. I told him a happy wife is a happy life! If there truely is a problem with my setup then tell me what is wrong instead of just throwing comments like that and if Harman would enlighten this dealer of the issue then they should be working with me to see that the problem gets resolved, not critisize me for having my thermostat set to 72*. I just can't believe that after 4 years, Harman engineering hasn't resolved this issue. Knowing that the warranty will soon expire, will Harman continue to replace the burnpot? I don't know but I won't only be frustrated but I will be POed.

Doesn't matter if I bought it local or at a distance. They are out of business, so in Harman's eyes, I'm supposed to get my service from the dealer I purchased from??? What a stupid way to handle things. How can you get service from a place that doesn't exist anymore???!!! Goes along with the rest of their high and mighty, better than thou attitude. They SUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.