PB105 Auto Ignite vs. Manual Ignite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewChurchill

Minister of Fire
Mar 31, 2008
Vermont
I'm debating whether or not to use the manual ignite option on my PB105 boiler once the real heating season starts. On average it takes 8 minutes for my boiler to ignite and another 20 minutes to bring the water temp from 100 to 140. It only takes 3 minutes to lower the boiler temp from 180 to 120 when I get a call for heat from my DHW.

While this isn't an issue during the summer since I only use the boiler to heat my DHW. I'm thinking in the time it takes for my boiler to recover I could have a problem in the winter with condensation.

If I leave it in the manual mode the boiler will always be "on" and thus when the call for heat comes the recovery time should be much shorter.

I'm wondering if anyone else has used the manual option and if so what were there experiences and did they use more or less pellets than if they used the auto ignite feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.