PC-45 Ignitor issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfire

Jan 19, 2011
Vancouver
I have a PC45 that is going through ignitors like peez. The air pump has a meter put on it and is working to factory specs. The voltage to the ignitor is bang on. The unit has the interior parts cleaned and has the air channels and vent cleaned every 4 - 6 weeks. The average life of an ignitor that I am seeing on my unit is 60 days. Anyone else else having this issue or know whats going on?

My stove is a 2006 and still running on it's original igniter. I would have to think it's an air pump problem. If they blink for a second the igniter is fried from what I hear. Bioburner may know more when he shows up.

I wish I could put some first hand enlightment on your ignitor problem but have had no problems with either of my stoves. Yet. I would suspect the control board is not turning the ignitor down before the pump hence toasting your ignitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.