pc45

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ace hardware is an awesome place to get gaskets.

I just saw a gasket kit at tractor supply this weekend. After all this talk, I'm betting my gasket is close to shot. I did the match test a while back and didn't reveal any vacuum leaks though.

Glad to hear that the gaskets fixed your problem without it being very expensive. Like I had posted before , work on the cheap and simple before the hard and expensive:)

Reactions: bags
unruh,
Glad you are running well again. Replacing the ESP was likely a good move with the age of the stove but as you see the door gaskets were less expensive than the $70 plus probe depending on where you bought it. Your old one may still be OK. Did you save it by chance to gimp you along with heat when in a jam later possibly? Bio, Rona, and others here know the 45's well and they always recommend having some backup parts around. The ESP is a major player in the back up program. Either way for an eight year run you can not complain with replacing the ESP, although possibly unnecessary, and door gaskets.

One more quick and easy suggestion for you and Overlook both. Put your stove make and model in your signature on the avatar so others know what you have and can offer advice. You did put it in the thread title which was great. Stay Warm! When it warms up this spring and you shut the 45 down it might be time to look at some other quick and easy cheap maintenance so you don't get stuck next heating season. I went thru mine thoroughly with the help of people mentioned above. Stuff not mentioned in the manual and rarely thought of until you are sitting in a cold house with a broken down stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.