Englander PDV-25 Airflow Path Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Foot

Dec 25, 2015
Warwick, RI
Hey guys and gals, I wanted to ask if someone could please describe the airflow path from the OAK through to the exhaust. I can visualize the basic path but a couple of areas aren't completely clear to me. For example where does the air supply enter the burnpot? Also, if the openings on the sides of the burnpot provide air to the burn, what is the purpose of the small square openings below the burn pot? It seems that the air flows out the openings above and through the wearplate to the large round opening below the feed tube, to the exhaust. Any replies are greatly appreciated.

image.jpeg
Here is a sketch I've seen to give you a idea what it looks like in the heat exchange

Reactions: Hot Foot
Thanks Chris! There doesn't seem to be a lot of specific information available on the web to illustrate the air flow path. I'm trying to decide whether or not to try plugging the square holes to increase air to the upper burnpot area. I plugged the two large round holes. That helped quite a bit.

I believe those holes are for the air wash to keep the glass clean..
I know that there are two square holes at the top right and left of the door opening for the air wash. I'm asking about the two round holes inside the bottom of the burnpot, under the wear plate. Thanks, Joe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.