PE - Best Seller in Canada?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willhound

Feeling the Heat
Nov 20, 2005
Northern Ontario, Canada
Drove past my local dealertoday and a signboard outside proclaimed that Pacific Energy was the best selling wood stove in Canada. Did some searching and so far can't find anything to substantiate this yet. Anybody else hear of it? Perhaps I need to drop by the shop tommorrow and speak with the owner.

Will This claim was made a few years back the most popular selling wood stove manufacturer in Canada was PE. To the best of my knowledge I believe this to be true. I can't go back into the old forum and dig that info out. The supporting info to that claim was posted
The manufacturer that sold the most stoves in Canada was not PE but another Canadian Based company CFM

Yep, That sounds right to me ! ................Ok , Hell i dont know. I always figured if a stove was good enough to heat homes in Canada than they had to be good enough to heat my home in the mid-west. So much for my technical information and help , aye . How many stove makers are thar in Canada ? I was trying to find out just the other day how many stoves Pacific energy made / sold a year just so i had some amo against all Elk's VC #'s and claims. %-P
Maybe I'll give them a call on the 1-800 hot line again ........... I'm sure they have nothing better to do than to answer a bunch of my dumb questions on there dime.

Spike there is now winner here except manufactures selling there stoves. Vc has 3 entire wood stove lines. including Centery and dutchwest plus a coal stove

Hard to compete but PE does and does it well a quality stove that is in demand

What actually got my curiousity going on this is that there are so many lower quality and less expensive alternatives out there, and human nature being what it is, I thought for sure that there would be more of these types sold. Canadian Tire (sort of a Canadian version of a cross between Ace Hardware and Auto Zone) just finished their annual fall sales promotion and I figure they sell lot's of them. Mostly Drolet and Century in the $500 to $900 CDN price range. Some of the higher priced models are EPA approved and don't look too bad, but way off the $2000 + of a Summit.

Century - Elk, is that the VC line you have mentioned?
Drolet I'm not sure about , but I think they are manufactured in Quebec.

The sign caught my attention, because the first thought that entered my mind was "My gosh, maybe people are actually starting to get the point of going with quality regardless of cost".

Maybe there is hope for evolution after all. ;-P

Two people we know in Quebec who have purchased stoves both went with the PE..

You do see quite a few of the Drolets..They are based up in Quebec City......interesting what they have manufactured over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.