PE EBT System vs Quadrafire ACC System

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

New_Burner

Apr 13, 2009
Canada
I've read and understand how the ebt system works but can't find much info on the acc system by Quad. How do the systems compare?

They are very different animals. Here's my understanding of the two systems. The PE EBT system is only on their large 3 cu ft stoves. It is a thermostatic air regulation system to assure clean burning with a full load of wood. EBT is automatic, there is no user intervention. The Quad ACC system is a spring loaded timer system for starting the fire. It saves one from minding the stove as it starts up by automatically reducing the start up air over time. I think the ACC system is available on all of the new Quad steel stoves.

For more information on the ACC system Quad has a brochure for their stoves here:
http://www.quadrafire.com/downloads/brochures/bro_woodStoves.pdf

or download one of their steel stove manuals for operation instructions.

BG pretty much summed up the ACC. I have taken it apart and put it back together a few times so if you have any other questions about it let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.