PE sale near me/Alderlea door news

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynnergy

Feeling the Heat
Oct 15, 2012
Coast, BC
Hi all,

Was at a dealer down island yesterday and I popped in to drool over the T5 and ask a few questions. Just thought I'd share the news that he's currently offering $200 off the T5 and I think $150 off the Super 27. Nothing off the True North (sadly for me). I'm planning on buying the True North for the cabin and then maybe upgrading to the T5 in a few years if all goes well/to plan.

Also, another dealer just up the road told me that PE has been having trouble with their Alderlea door castings (maybe a supplier problem?) and that while the door is SUPPOSED to come in two options - fancy castings or plain, they are only making plain at the moment, with some sort of cast pattern in the works that will clip to the door somehow. Too bad, I love the fancy door!

Thought this might be interesting for anyone shopping for a stove.

Hmm, wonder if they are using the VC foundry?

That is funny. We went to the same store as you. We wanted the plain door on the t-4 and they are not available for a few months. Wondering why it takes so long but I see now. I guess they want to fix the problem. The t-5 is a little too deep for our alcove. I really would like to get the bk scirocco but seeing a flame is half the fun. As per begreen's advice maybe we should have a look at the super 27.

The T4 would be the equivalent of the PE Vista, a 1.4 cu ft stove. The Super 27 and Sirocco are deeper stoves. Start a new thread on your requirements and measurements and we'll take a look at the options.

Status
Not open for further replies.