PE Spectrum air contro is binding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n1st

Jun 3, 2007
Enfield, CT
The air control on my Spectrum has started binding when I move the lever from left to right. It binds a few inches form the right end, then the rod jumps upward in the slide lever. It looks like it may have a slight bend just before the front 90 degree bend. Any body experience this on their PE? Any suggested remedy? What would be a good high temperature lube to use on it? Think this would be covered under warrenty? Would a dealer be paid by PE to come and replace it?

Aha! The mystery revealed. The reason Jotul owners like myself have been experiencing sticky air control valves is that Jotul subbed out their air control work to PE. I knew it! ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.