PE Summit glass ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archilea

Nov 26, 2007
Lynchburg, VA
So after traveling from Virginia to Upstate New York for 10+ hours, we get a call from our distraught house-sitter informing us that the glass on our PE Summit stove really doesn't make a good "Log compressor" and is now cracked from left to right. :/

Then, it turns out that Pacific Energy and its distributors are closed for the week between Christmas and New Years, reopening on January 3. I am not at home, and I'm looking for a replacement glass that is in stock somewhere, so that I can have it shipped to my house and put in by a friend. It's cold in VA and there is a 6" coating of snow on the ground.

My question for the group is this: Does anyone know the dimensions on the window?

It is the PE Summit wood burning fireplace insert, and although the door has an arch at the top, I think that the window itself is really rectangular. Has anyone replaced one of these? They don't look too bad, but the kit from PE comes with a "Glass gasket kit", and I'm not sure what is included in it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Desi Richards

Contact www.chimneysweeponline.com. They are PE dealers and will ship.

Mail................ The Chimney Sweep, 913 Harris Avenue, Bellingham, WA 98225-7032, USA
Voice Phone... (360) 676-8585 9 - 5 Mon-Fri, 10 - 4 Sat (Pacific Time)
Toll Free......... (888) 354-6722 9 - 5 Mon-Fri, 10 - 4 Sat (Pacific Time)

Just to close the loop, I ordered from OneDayGlass.com - Fast, easy, and I had it in the same week!
I was able to reuse the "gastket kit", which amounted to a metal frame and some rope gasket material. Both were intact and perfectly fine.

Thanks, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.