PE Summit Insert Exact depth dimensions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EJL923

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2009
Western Mass
I am looking to upgrade my insert to the summit for the added heating capacity. Looking at the Summit manual, my fireplace will be a very tight squeeze. If someone has access to the back of their summit, or can otherwise verify the depth dimensions, it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for the height at the rear, width at top rear, and depth at top rear. Respectively, 23 1/8, 26 1/4, 17 3/4. Even if you cant reach them all, any of thos would help.

Thanks
Eric

Attachments

• Summit.png
    Summit.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 150
I don't have these measurements for you, but thought I would mention that if necessary, the insert could be installed with a 1" non-combustible shim behind the surround edges to bring it forward on the hearth a little. Or it could be run without the surround.

?? The measurements you are inquiring about are on the drawing ??

As BG noted if you have excess hearth dimension out front, you could do as he suggests. Is this a self install?

A picture of your exisiting firebox may help, especially if you "photoshop" the actual dimensions onto the image.

I dont know if the measurements are over estimated so nobody runs into the issues i am tryign to avoid. Ive actually put my firebox dimensions into a paramteric design model, with corresponding drawing from when i did my first insert. However, i want to verify those before i post them. I kind of estimated the curved back of the firebox, though i think its close. it wasnt an issue before.

BG has some good points, any pictures of a summit without the surround?

Don't forget that the hearth must be > 16" to pull this off.

I just measured my T6 and the dims were exact to the manual. But you may have to deal with firebox floor not being level etc. with your rear height clearance and leveling the unit.

Curved back of the firebox, now I realize the problem with estimating the height, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.