PE Summit Insert Install.....complete!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAY_PA

Feeling the Heat
May 13, 2008
Northeastern PA
Well, it worked. A Labor Day party with food/beer and we had pleanty of man power to put the Summit in the fireplace. I am happy and chomping at the bit to fire it up. The first 'cool' evening we get and I'll get those brand new fire bricks all dirty.

Block off plate installed:

Attachments

• 101_1396.jpg
    101_1396.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 686
fireplace ready:

Attachments

• 101_1397.jpg
    101_1397.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 668
finished result:

Attachments

• 101_1429.jpg
    101_1429.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 719
  • 101_1428.jpg
    101_1428.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 705
Down right purty. Enjoy that hoss.

EGGGGCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
As BB suggests, get yourself some rope gasket and fit it between that liner and & block off plate. You can set it in place with furnace cement. Silicone around the outer edge of the plate and your all set.
Beautiful job, and good choice of insert.

looks good. i wouldn't be able to wait either.

Very, very nice !!!

Bet some of the guys want one, now :)

Check door with dollar bill test before you fire her up!

thanks folks!

Hogz.....I did silicone around the BL plate/fireplace walls, from research here. (thanks) The gasket/furnace cement was a bit more involved than meets the eye...the BL plate/flue liner was a darn tight fit to begin with, but I tried the cement/insulation gasket...was nice...until I couldnt get the surround on the PE with the mantel in the way...so I had to pull the sob back out-install the surround-shove unit back to the bricks-lift up the surround and squeeze my arms in to attach the flue liner, so I just stuffed what insulation I could up in the gap 'tween the liner and the BL plate. There wasnt much of a gap there anyway, as the insulation on top of the blockoff plate hung over a bit anyway and when slid the plate up on the liner, it made a decent seal.
I havent tried the dollar bill thing yet, but will (thanks again). I couldnt get the door to shut 'out of the box' I had to 'tweek' the bracket on the stove a bit to allow the roller on the door handel to latch in place.

I cant wait to light it up and yell at the kids and wife....."now THATS a FIRE!"

Status
Not open for further replies.